Wednesday 19 February 2014

19.2.14 - GUEST ED 2 - The one were we went to Disneyland!


As promised in the advert the 'expanded fun' began as we boarded the Disneyland Express; complete with Mickey Mouse windows. The grab handles, also Mickey Mouse shaped were lower than usual, designed for shorter people, this resulted in Paddy banging his head on them. In each carriage there were glass cases containing golden Disney statues.

Now, I am lucky enough to have been to Euro Disney when I was 5 and Florida Disneyland when I was 10, this did not prevent me from acting like a five year old as soon as we got through the gates. I think we must have stood out in the crowd as we were all wearing Converse like some weird pop-band that was about to burst out into song and dance at any moment.


I'm not going to bore you with the details of all the rides as you can imagine they were all typically Disney themed. My favourite crew member, coincidentally called 'Kerry' (close enough!) took us round the Jungle Cruise. She said things like, "Ooohhh sit down, sit down or I'll feed you to the crocodiles ya..?.ha ha!" Then she whispered, "Ooo be quiet so the hippos don't eat you..." then she shouted, "AHHH tribal people noooo, get down, be careful of the spears...!" I loved her.



Our final 'quest' of the day was to (simply?) have our photo taken in front of the Chinese New Year display.

Now, the thing to remember about Hong Kong is there is no such thing as queuing or taking turns. It's more elbows out and push your way through. "Forget your manners and courtesies get stuck in," Paddy told me.
We waited patiently whilst endless children were pushed forward by eager parents, one after the other. In the end Paddy had had enough and jumped in and shouted, "WE ARE NEXT, WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES!!" leaving me and mum laughing our heads off, whilst we had to bear the look of confusion and worry on the faces of the many people waiting.



All in all a pretty amazing day.

(Side note: Hope you are liking the blogs!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment