Saturday 22 February 2014

22.2.14 - GUEST ED 4 - The one where I write my last blog


Within a week I have adjusted to life in Hong Kong. I have adapted to living in a small flat and keeping tidy because you have to. I pop into the 7 Eleven to top up my Octopus card (much like an Oyster card, but better as you can also use it for shopping). Using trains, buses, trams, ferries and taxis is becoming second nature. At home we would happily wait for a taxi for 30 minutes, but here I start to get impatient after 30 seconds! I now accept the view from the flat window is quite normal, whereas at first it was quite a shock. I expect public places to be perfectly clean and tidy, nobody drinks or eats on public transport or drops litter. At home we seem to turn a blind eye to vandalism or graffiti, I now have high standards.

Yesterday we went back to Hong Kong park, they have a wonderful aviary, a tea museum, visual arts centre, Olympic park and conservatory. We met Paddy for lunch in the sweetest little cafe/restaurant as he works near by. Whilst shopping in the Pacific centre (sorry I can't help myself!) we were outside Harvey Nicholls when a young lady asked us if we could help her. She gave us a newspaper cutting written in Chinese, we didn't understand what she wanted us to do with it. Basically she tricked us into getting free samples for her from the Lancome counter! Later we spotted her enticing other willing victims being taken in.



When we got back to the flat, I was hurried out the door to a 'Surprise Location'. It turned out be a private cinema complete with my favorite film and Indian food plus the most delicious chocolate cake, EPIC SURPRISE! I want to say a HUGE thank you to Paddy and Claire for everything, this trip has been fantastic, an experience I will never forget. I don't wanna leave :(



Thank you for putting up with my blogs, I hope you have enjoyed them!:)

Hong Kong? Been there, done that, bought several t shirts....


No comments:

Post a Comment