Sunday 17 March 2013

17.3.13 – Due to staff illness, today’s programming is replaced with ‘Chinglish’

 

Short blog today, as I have caught quite a nasty cold since yesterday evening. Nothing too serious, but I have felt pretty rubbish and have what could be a fairly important work-related meeting tomorrow.
So, I have spent most of the day in bed, and not left the flat…hence I have nothing picture wise to write about. The most exciting thing that happened today was that I burnt our lunch so badly that three fully fire suited and helmeted firemen burst into the flat to check everything was all right. Sadly, we did not manage to get a picture of them before they left…
Like the BBC when the expected sporting event has been cancelled, however, I have alternative programming (my equivalent of ‘Last of the Summer Wine’) to offer you. We bought a small coffee-table-cum-toilet book on our travels yesterday called ‘Chinglish’. It contains nothing but pictures of signs in Chinese English, some of which have made me fall about laughing. I have read it cover to cover today, and here is my favourite sign. Will hope to post similar signs to this that I actually find myself in the future.
Here’s hoping I feel better tomorrow, and can post less of a cop out entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment