Friday 22 March 2013

22.3.13 - Touristy touristy face



Well, hey ho, here we go. It’s our first drunken posting for real. If I were a tropical storm, I wouldn’t count as storm-measure ‘wankered’, but I am definitely a ‘pissed’ on the storm scale.

Today, Claire and I were lucky enough to have our first visitor! Charis Beverton wins a gold star for being the first to come out to see us, though she did have 2 big advatnages in that  a) She was in Asia and b) She was in the same time zone!. But, credit where credit’s due, she had to fly 4 hours to get here….which is London to Istanbul. So no mean feat.

I love this picture, which isn’t the best I got of Charis at the Peak complete with view, because it sums up how much of a bun fight the Peak can be when it’s top tourist time. Why I love this shot:

-          The Chinese pair to Charis’ right barged in when she had been there for a whie waiting for me to take the shot, entirely oblivious to others

-          They have given the ‘V’ sig that every westerner imagines is given in pictures in Asia. It’s no stereotype – it happens.

-          Charis herself is ignoring me and taking a self-made pic for facebook; which I’m sure looks fab, but adds to the anarchy.

-          The lady to Charis’ left has been aggressively hovering since she stood in this spot, and is now yawning her displeasure.

Sigh, making sense is hard. Bye bye. Sevens tomorrow. With wigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment